Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: CommIT is seeking a Technical Writer to support our Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) customer. The candidate is responsible for the development and editing of of technical and instructional documentation of Data Center and Cloud related engineering documents, reports, and diagrams.
- Develop and modify technical documentation in support of C4ISR systems or equipment, instructional procedures for Cloud migration,IT integration, installation and and associated proceduresmaintenance efforts
- Develop and update technical documentation, CONOPS, and SOPs that meet Government the technical migration of DoD data and program migrationspecifications
- Work with team members to develop accurate processes for integration, installation, and accountability of IT and Cloud equipment and systems
- Review and provide feedback on existing documents in addition to guiding team members with creating new documents as necessary
- Use technical writing techniques and expert knowledge of the terms and procedures to ensure documentation is accurate, complete, and meets government specifications
- Perform document reviews and direct teams to make updates when needed
- Facilitate recurring engineering management meetings, capture and track action items as required
- Clearance Level: Secret
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) writing specifications and styles
- Understanding of Quality Assurance and testing procedures
- UBasic understanding and knowledge of IT concepts, technologies, and methodologies, such as networks, cyber security, software development, cloud computing, service desk management, ITIL, DevOps, and Agile
Experience and Education:
- BA Degree in English, Journalism, or related degree.
- Ten (10) years of experience writing/editing technical documentation, procedures, and guidelines for technology-based systems, or equipment. Cloud technology process and procedure experience preferred.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): Tech Writer Editor