Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: CommIT is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineer to support our Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) customer. The candidate is responsible for providing expertise for user preparedness and data readiness for USMC data center and cloud implementationenvironment . The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data center/cloud environment governance and the ability to effectively engage customers to ensure their requirements are met.
- Provide cloud engineering expertise, analysis, and reviews of current engineering activities and policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of the cloud architecture and administration of processes and procedures
- Responsible for gathering system requirements and working together with application owners and teams
- Collaborate with team members identifying, analyzing and improving existing business processes to optimize performance and meet best practice standards
- Familiarity with RACI charts and how to effectively implement them in a team environment
- Identify task bottlenecks and effectively communicate and provide timely solutions on how to correct these issues
- Develop, implement, and manage project-level solution engineering services with legacy system migration to Cloud services.
- Identify data requirements, prepare data models, and create data views as necessary to support development and validation activities.
- Provide expertise in the analysis and elaboration of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure requirements traceability between business needs and technical implementation
- Assess solutions to ensure they meet project requirements related to accessibility, auditability, availability, capacity, data integrity and retention, scalability and extensibility, maintainability, performance/response times, platform compatibility, reliability, security and privacy, and usability.
- Clearance Level: Secret
- Eight (8) years of experience as Systems Engineer
- Three (3) years of experience with development of Cloud Services
- Experience with network implementation, security and cybersecurity, reliability and modernization
- Understanding of the application lifecycle management
- Expertise in requirements gathering and elaboration
- Expertise in system monitoring and configuration management
Experience and Education:
- BS Degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer /Software Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science from an accredited College or University.
- Six (6) years of experience in DoD C4ISR systems, or information technologies to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements. Three (3) years of technical experience in support of DoD C4ISR systems, or information technologies. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): Systems Engineer