Position Location(s): Annapolis Junction, MD
Position Description: Software Developer will be working with a team charged with building mission-critical cloud analytic prototypes within a flexible cloud computing framework. Work will be focused in an agile environment with efforts focused across data ingest as well as implementation and data interaction with user interface functionality ultimately yielding powerful analytics and stronger visualizations.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Four years in increasingly complex and progressive experience as a SWE in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of software systems, to include the development and design of application software for prototyping, production, and architecture products
- Six years in the DoD/IC in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of software systems, to include the development and design of application software for prototyping, production, and architecture products
- Experience including software management, design, development, flow analysis, detailed design data flow diagrams, structure charts, and PDL’s for each module of the software system
- Agile or SW Prototypes Development
- Minimum four years of experience with specialized Java functions, including efficient file access from various storage locations and formats, efficient heap utilization methods for purposes of object storage, and development and utilization of web services
- Minimum two years of experience with cloud technologies, including but not limited To Hadoop, Accumulo, Java MapReduce, and CloudBase and HDFS
- Minimum one year of experience working with network data and protocols, including but not limited to DNS, TCP, netflow, and SNORT
- Minimum one year of experience decomposing complex analytical problems into parallel components for conversion to run in the cloud MapReduce paradigm
- Knowledge and understanding of data ingestion into cloud tables
- One year experience working with different CloudBase/Accumulo table formats
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience working with GM 2.x components
- Cyber experience within DoD and/or Intelligence Community preferred but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of security policies regarding the handling of classified material
Experience and Qualifications: Six (6) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university desired.
Master’s degree in an Information Technology related field, such as computer engineering, computer science, math, or physics from an accredited college or university desired.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Analyst