Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: CommIT is seeking a competent, organized Scrum Master to support our Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) customer. The candidate is responsible for providing expertise for facilitating and guiding team members in the application of the agile methodology via planning releases, developing and maintaining the sprint backlog, scheduling meetings, running DSUs, engaging with the customer, and removing impediments.
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Planning and organizing demos and product/system testing.
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team.
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
- Clearance Level: Secret
- Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in requirements gathering and elaboration.
Experience and Education:
- Three (3) years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): Scrum Master