Position Location(s): Annapolis Junction, MD
Position Description: This senior developer will be working with a mature, mid-sized team charged with building capabilities to support knowledge management, automation and visualization. Successful candidates should be “A” team players, self-starters who are individual contributors within a team environment, with solid experience focused across JAVA, Angular JS, template-based GUI environment and understanding of analytic workflow. Role focuses on usability and hands-on, front-end development employing Angular JS with additional JAVA skills needed to support backend.
Objectives and Responsibilities: Responsible for increasingly complex Software Engineer systems analysis, development, and implementation of software systems, to include the development and design of application software for prototyping, production, and architecture products. This experience includes software management, design, development, flow analysis, detailed design data flow diagrams, structure charts, and Program Description Language (PDL) for each module of the software system.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ten (10) years in the DoD/IC in performing systems analysis, development, and implementation of software systems, to include the development and design of application software for prototyping, production, and architecture products
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a senior or principal software engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- Experience including software management, design, development, flow analysis, detailed design data flow diagrams, structure charts, and PDL’s for each module of the software system
- Experience with software development tools, both current and emerging technologies
- Four years of leadership experience
- Experience in solving various software related problems, generating and reviewing software designs for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness in light of objectives
- Agile or SW Prototype Development experience desired
- Solid experience required across key technologies including JAVA, Angular JS, ExtJS, or D3 with understanding of analytic workflow needed
- Experience working in template-based GUI environment to augment interfaces that allow for the manual and automated incorporation of knowledge base is preferred
- Cyber experience within DoD and/or Intelligence Community preferred but not required
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university desired.
Master’s degree in an Information Technology related field, such as computer engineering, computer science, math, or physics from an accredited college or university desired.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): Principal Software Engineer - Knowledge Management