Position Location(s): Stafford / Quantico, VA
This position is responsible for providing remote and onsite service and support to United States Marine Corp (USMC) deployments. Acts as mobile field service engineer on assigned participate in exercises and deployment to establish and maintain network operations for the Global Combat Support System – Marine Corps (GCSS-MC). The engineer will resolve technical issues in a timely manner and coordinate with filed and shipboard personnel for configuration setting throughout deployments. This includes establishing and maintaining communication between GCSS-MC data assets for deployment preparations and throughout deployments. This position serves as a senior technical resource assisting both end users and less experienced support analysts in effectively identifying issues and using effective troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical issues.
This position does not support operations within hostile Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Serves as customer facing technical resource and works in collaboration with engineers and other senior military staff as needed to provide effective end user support and issue resolution.
- Using system analysis techniques responds to the complex application issues for end users. Identifies problems and coordinates appropriate corrective action. Identifies and minimizes potential risks.
- Consults with users and the Program Office, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
Collects detailed information, performs thorough analysis and relies on experience and judgment to determine the most effective method of resolution.
- Escalates problems to other departments as needed.
- Prioritizes and implements approved system modifications, programs and other such requests of medium to high complexity.
Serve as a project team member on project implementations; independently completing assigned tasks of medium to high complexity resulting in successful, on time and on budget projects.
- Prepares activity reports on support activities.
- Creates formal documentation including configuration documentation, test documentation, and support documentation.
- Provide value as a team member in cross functional implementations while demonstrating effective interpersonal skills resulting in successful systems implementation and support.
- Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen the network performance.
- May provide on-call support coverage via on call rotation schedule as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Five (5) years experience in operating USMC and US Navy delpoyed communications systems. Experience working with limited supervision. Good communication and technical writing skills. Must me able to deploy and support USMC training and operations in the field and on US Navy ships.
Education: High School Diploma required. Bachelor of Science Degree a Plus. Prior USMC experience in the 06XX MOS a plus. Must have a minimum of a Secret Clearance.
CommIT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Must have or be able to attain a Secret DoD clearance.
Contact: Bill Hoffer, (301) 752-1661.