Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: The Java developer position will be responsible for the development of Java Services. Development will include integrating applications with a back-end services (e.g., user services, databases, and security protocols). Developers will follow Agile software methodologies and work well within a team environment. This position will support the Marine Corps logistics group in helping to design and implement a suite of BI tools for use by the Marine Corps.
- Design, build, unit test, integrate, and deploy Java services within the LDS BI tool Infrastructure
- Create application specifications, diagrams, flow charts and other documentation to support the design and development if needed.
- Collaboration in a team environment to define, design, and deploy new features
- Debug and fix application bugs
- Maintain code quality
- Data Transformations
- Knowledge of Object Oriented principles
- Agile software development methodology
- Agile software development tools (Atlassian, GitLab)
- Proficient in Java and understanding of its ecosystems
- Experience with databases (Mongo, PostgreSQL)
- Source code version control (Git, Subversion, CVS)
- Understanding of unit, integration, and component testing
- Familiarity with SonarQube and Fortify testing tools
- RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Understanding of data transformation (converting data model to a different structure)
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer-related field
- 5 years minimum of professional software engineering with at least 3 years of Java
- Mobile development experience or interest is a plus
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): Java Developer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.