Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: CommIT is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer to support our Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) customer. The candidate will be supporting a Marine Corps data center and cloud environment with the expertise as a security engineer providing Security Support and/or Cloud Security support services.
- Serves as the SME in support of network, IoT, IT, and security planning, cloud security, network design and hosting environment implementation
- Assess network/systems optimizations and vulnerabilities
- Provide guidance in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SSPs, scan results, and test result artifacts
- Provide cloud engineering expertise, analysis, and reviews of current engineering activities and policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of the cloud security architecture and administration of our processes
- Support the creation or modification of FISMA compliance documentation such as Contingency Plans, Incident Response Plan, Access Control Plans, etc.
- Evaluate system’s risk in respect to operation at the network, system, and application level
- Evaluate vulnerability assessment results and STIG results
- Utilizing tools such as but not limited to ACAS/Nessus, HBSS, STIG Viewer, etc.
- Participate and provide engineering support to customer meetings as needed
- Clearance Level: Secret
- 5+ years of Cybersecurity experience
- 3+ years proficiency in RMF processes
- 3+ years’ experience in conducting and handling/safekeeping PII
- Experience working in an enterprise environment supporting on premise applications and enterprise service for cloud extension/ deployment
- The ability to understand network diagrams and ports, protocols and services
- Strong understanding of STIG’s and SCAP benchmarks
- Possess DOD 8570.01-M IAM Level III and IAT Level II certifications such as CISSP, CISA, Security+, and ITIL
- Proficiency in performing risk-based reviews of Security Authorization Package
- Proficiency in cloud computing infrastructures, platforms, and services to support the deployment of IAAS or PAAS applications
Experience and Education:
- BS Degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer /Software Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science from an accredited College or University preferred.
- Six (6) years of experience performing Cyber Security function on DoD C4ISR program and systems
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): ISSE