Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: CommIT is seeking a DevSecOps Platform Engineer to support our Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) customer. As a DevSecOps Platform Engineer, you’ll be working with other developers and engineers to install, configure, integrate and develop SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS services for customers and end users to consume. You are either a CI/CD Developer by trade or System Integrator who has a passion for scripting and coding and would like to move into the DevSecOps development side. As a DevSecOps engineer, you will support a large number of services that provide true SaaS and PaaS capabilities to Navy and Marine Corps customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines – Git, Jenkins
- Experience with AWS and IaC principles – Terraform or other IaC tools
- Experience working in a DOD and Agile Development environment
- Understanding of cloud architecture
- Good communication skills, possess the ability to professionally and effectively navigate conflict resolution to resolve issues that arise.
- Ability to correlate requirements to specific tasking
- Familiarity with JIRA, User Stories and updating Jira tickets to with appropriate levels of content
- Experience with documentation
DevSecOps Engineer Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Configuration management/infrastructure-as-code (Terraform)
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS: EC2, VPC, S3, EFS, ECR/ECS, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, etc.)
- CI/CD and application build and deploy (Jenkins and Git)
- Network Infrastructure (BigIP F5, VPN, firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, SFTP) is a plus!
- Operating Systems (Linux)
- Monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana) is a plus!
- Scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- US Citizen
- Clearance Level: Secret
- Eight (8) years of experience as Systems Engineer
- Three (3) years of experience with development of Cloud Services
- Expertise in any combination of the following Terraform with AWS, Pega, Pivotal/Tanzu, Appian, Marklogic
Experience and Education:
- BS Degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer /Software Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science from an accredited College or University.
- Experience: Six (6) years of experience in DoD C4ISR systems, or information technologies to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements. Three (3) years of technical experience in support of DoD C4ISR systems, or information technologies. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): DevSecOps Engineer