Position Location(s): Charleston, SC
Position Description: CommIT is seeking a DevSecOps Platform Engineer to support our Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) customer. As a DevSecOps Platform Engineer on the Tanzu team, you’ll be working with a team of developers and engineers to support Tanzu PaaS services for customers and end users to consume. You will support a large number of services that provide true SaaS and PaaS capabilities to Navy and Marine Corps customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have previous experience in deploying an Tanzu environment or have supported an existing environment
- Have experience in creating and managing container pipelines within Tanzu
- Have experience in maintaining daily operations of the Tanzu platform both on the infrastructure and customer facing side of the platform
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines – Git, Jenkins
- Experience with AWS and IaC principles – Terraform or other IaC tools
- Experience working in a DOD and Agile Development environment
- Understanding of cloud architecture
- Good communication skills, possess the ability to professionally and effectively navigate conflict resolution to resolve issues that arise.
- Ability to correlate requirements to specific tasking
- Familiarity with JIRA, User Stories and updating Jira tickets to with appropriate levels of content
- Experience with documentation
DevSecOps Engineer Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Configuration management/infrastructure-as-code (Terraform)
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS: EC2, VPC, S3, EFS, ECR/ECS, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, etc.)
- CI/CD and application build and deploy (Jenkins and Git)
- Network Infrastructure (BigIP F5, VPN, firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, SFTP) is a plus!
- Operating Systems (Linux)
- Monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana) is a plus!
- Scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- US Citizen
- Clearance Level: Secret
- Eight (8) years of experience as Systems Engineer
- Three (3) years of experience with development of Cloud Services
Experience and Education:
- BS Degree in Electrical/ Electronic/ Computer /Software Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science from an accredited College or University.
- Six (6) years of experience in DoD C4ISR systems, or information technologies to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements.
- Three (3) years of technical experience in support of DoD C4ISR systems, or information technologies.
- Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
Submit Resume (Please include the position description in the subject line when submitted): DevSecOps Engineer (Tanzu)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.